Five Fraxel Facts
- Fraxel is one of our most popular laser resurfacing treatments. It’s great for people who have sun damage, brown spots, acne scars and wrinkles. It will improve your overall skin tone and texture, reduce your pore size and get rid of fine lines. The Fraxel laser penetrates deeper into the skin than the Clear + Brilliant laser. The Fraxel penetrates into the dermis, the level beneath the epidermis. The surface is renewed, giving a more even color. Collagen production is stimulated deep down, so your skin will begin to look even better from the inside out, not just at the surface level. These results take longer to see since they are beneath the surface of the skin.
- Many patients get 3 Fraxel treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart to achieve their best results. Fraxel has significant results and a little downtime, which is why so many people love it! In the first couple days, you’ll see some swelling and redness, as if you had gotten a sunburn. Your skin may be flakey a few days after the treatment. After that, your skin will look great.
- There is some discomfort with Fraxel. Your skin may feel a warm sensation during the procedure. Some type of topical or oral medication may be used during your treatment to help with this discomfort.
- Patients rarely get Fraxel on just their face. Most patients get it done on their neck and chest in addition to the face. Fraxel can also be used on the hands and arms to reduce signs of aging, like brown spots and wrinkles.
- Fraxel will give you results that you love. A lot of patients get routine Clear + Brilliant treatments (a lighter resurfacing treatment with no downtime at all) to maintain the beautiful skin that they’ve gotten from Fraxel.
Want to learn more about your laser resurfacing options? Join us on Thursday, September 22nd for a seminar brought to you by our in-house experts. We’ll be conducting mini consultations after the seminar to help you figure out which laser treatment is right for you. The cost is $25 but you’ll receive $50 in skincare products just for attending. Additionally, you’ll have access to special offers like 10% off all laser resurfacing treatments and a free Clear + Brilliant treatment with the purchase of three Clear + Brilliants or 1 Fraxel.