Just because the holiday season is upon us, doesn’t mean we have to let it get the best of us. As Doc enters the final month of her journey, she’ll share how to fizzle out holiday stresses with these last-minute fixes like (TBD). Perfect for those seeking procedures with little-to-no-downtime or a quick pick-me-up between holidays.
I have spent the past year, the year I turned 60, giving myself the gifts that we give our patients every day. And the results have been very satisfying… more about that in my final blog on my journey (Doc’s Journey) in January.
At the moment I am so much more interested in sharing the “quick fixes” or answers to “OMG! The Holidays are upon us and I need a quick pick-me-up before the office Holiday Party!!!”
1. Botox: Tried and true. With millions of treatments done over the last 10 years it is hard to understand why anyone would be afraid of giving Botox (or similar products Dysport and Xeomen) a try. Allow two weeks for results that will last well past the season. Areas that are commonly treated include frown lines and crow’s feet. Christmas and New Years are not the times to look angry. A simple, 10-minute painless (OK, maybe a couple of needle pricks) procedure that only takes a few minutes out of your active life. Drop by on the way to the mall!
2. Voluma: Instant lift! Seriously, instant gratification with results that persist for up to two years. I have never seen a filler (fillers are injected under the skin with a tiny needle) that restores the volume of youth like Voluma and it is instant! Voluma is a form of Juvederm, FDA approved in 2013, that I feel is a true revolution in non-invasive rejuvenation. It is not only for the older patient though; enhanced cheekbones look good on all ages.
3. Fillers: The more traditional Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero are perfect for lines like lip lines, wrinkles like smile lines and folds like the ones from your nose to the corner of your lips. Results occur immediately. Even lips can be plumped and enhanced in minutes. You get to party on New Year’s Eve without the lines!
4. Clear and Brilliant: I call it “polishing the apple.” C & B is a light resurfacing laser with about a 12-hour recovery (redness is gone the next day, skin feels rough for a few days). The result: bright, fresh, smooth skin with just one treatment. Consider a series of treatments over the first few months of the new year for really meaningful improvements in color, tone and texture.
5. Upgrade your skin care: Explore the GRASS program by SkinMedica, everything you need (growth factors, antioxidants, retinoids, skin brighteners and systems that include free cleansers and sunscreens). You may not see dramatic results before Christmas but you are on your way to beautiful, more youthful skin, and you deserve it!